I deposited $200 at Full Tilt figuring I would try to build a secondary bankroll there starting from nl10.
Since I am a 5ptbb/100 winner at this stake I thought it would be a simple task. i underestimated variance.
Here is my graph:
It's "only" 20k hands, but it still feels insane. I didn't think variance could be this bad.
The problem as you can see following the blue line is that I do not win at showdown. This is where you make your money versus players who call down too light.
The problem these 20k hands is that they call down too light and either suckout or improve their hand on the river. On top of this there are tons of coolers.
However enough about that, it happens to everyone.
How can I improve?
1. Stealing from SB seems extremely profitable. I added "fold BB to steal"-stat and for the last 10k hands I've been stealing with a 100% range against players with 60%+ in this stat. It made my SB profit go breakeven instead of consistent loss.
2. The rake is EXTREME at NL10, it's close to 6ptbb/100, which makes winrates lower and variance higher. Be aware of this.
3. Do not tilt, ever. I have spewed probably almost 5 buyins due to tilt. This is hard, really hard, but it's something that I can improve a lot on.
4. Btn steals are extremely profitable aswell vs the nits. Same goes here as for the SB steal, but instead we are in position vs two players. Last 10k hands with wider stealing range has been great.
5. I need to tighten up my CO and UTG range. Both of them are not as profitable as they should be.
6. 3b is very profitable. I am at breakeven with it because of allinEV and coolers. Just remember to keep at it.
I'll keep playing and hopefully run better for the next 20k hands, I'm sure I beat NL10 easily, even though doubts creeo into mind after a run like this.