Well been on here for about 1 month and after losing my initial $50, I was given some advice - e.g. learn the game, watch some vids etc..., so I did and lost again lol but now I have re-designed my game and got a tidy $175. Basically I play pretty much a controlled LAG game after watching Gregheadflow vid and I am doing OK, not getting excited but BIG improvement.
Anyway, I digress...
I read Daniel Negreanu is doing a bankroll challenge - $0 to $10,000. Now, he has set himself some guidelines to moving up the stakes:
1. He won’t move up in limits unless he has 500 big blinds for that limit. He’s starting at $0.01-$0.02 with a $10 bankroll.
2. When possible, his buy in amount will allow him 5 buy ins at that limit. For example, if he has $5 left, his buy in for the game will be $1. He will continue to do that until he dips below the min buy in.
3. He will play only NL cash games. He’ll try to play full ring games as much as possible.
4. If he doubles his bankroll in a session he’ll quit on his blind to avoid risking too high a percentage of his bankroll in any one hand.
5. At about the $5-$10 limit he may decide to increase the number of big blinds required to move up in limits. Negreanu says 500 BB’s is plenty for the micro games, but could be short for the higher limit games with better opponents. He will base his decision on when to do that at his discretion.
6. He may also lower the buy in amount for the higher limit games from 1/5th of his bankroll per session to 1/10th of his bankroll per session.
7. When the amount needed to reach a goal is less than the 1/5th of the bankroll buy in, the buy in will be equal to the amount needed to reach the goal. Example: If 1/5th of the bankroll is $4.50 but you only need $2.50 to reach the goal, the buy in for the next session will be $2.50.
Now I realise its a little different for him as basically he loses then he still has a small matter of about $12.7million in the bank but it left me to ask the question of what the guidelines are to moving up the stakes?
According to old Danny boy you need 500 blinds at that level, well after grinding at 0.05/0.10 I do have 500 blinds at the next level which is 0.10/0.20 ($100) but yet I read elsewhere that you should have 20 buy ins which at 0.10/0.20 is $500 ($25 x 20), so can anyone advise???