Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > General Poker Discussion > The Cage
Old 06-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Don

Default Re: Zugwat - In The Cage 6/19/09

Do you ever have doubts about yourself? When breaking even, plays not working, or straight out leaking money to the tables?

If you are ever uncertain about your game, how do you deal with it?

if games would be available regularly, with some hours hosting great games and some hours hosting only poor games, how many hours would you preferably play poker on this day? And how would you divide time over sessions?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 06-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Don

How do you feel about leading in HU ?

I've been thinking about this a ton and so far I still think that I would prefer to play all of my hands in a manner I want to play my other hands and not really deviate from it. However, against mediocre to bad players do you think it is OK to like c/c flop lead turn when you think they are extremely unlikely to barrel the turn card for some reason (and we don't want it to get checked through so we lead to get max value but would never do it with an air type hand or a draw) ?
Also I guess a huge % of hsnl players has started playing very pot controllish and c-betting very little - it seems like the correct adjustment to that would be leading flops with various type of hands or overbetting turns or c/r'ing turns but in my limited railbirding and HH reading experience people don't do it that much ?

kind of rambling here but I guess if you could put some thoughts in on balance and leading that'd do just fine, thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Associate

1. Good boards to float on in 3bet pots (hu game), examples? Good turns to double float, ex?
2. How many hands you play a month ?
3. You ever had a (poker)coach?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Don

Favourite place you've visited so far?
And do you have any good stories to share with us?
Old 06-20-2009, 12:36 PM
Consigliere

Best live player?
Worst live player?

Biggest aha moment?
What was the toughest level to beat?

What do you think is a good win rate in the long run?

Is there anyone you would not play HU?
Old 06-20-2009, 01:20 PM
Associate

If you was not a poker player, what would you be???
Old 06-20-2009, 04:39 PM
Video Producer / Poker Coach

What are your favorite and least favorite things about playing live donkaments(including the traveling aspect and other non poker related things)
Old 06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfox121 View Post
taking talking with friends out of the equation,whats been the biggest influence on your game?-
A.practice
B.posting hands in forums/reading forums
C.training videos
I would say practice has been the biggest influence, and most importantly thinking and analyzing the interesting hands you played, figuring out if you played them well or what the best line would have been, and most importantly the specific reasons for WHY.

You should never just determine that one line is the best because it happened to work one time and then not think about your reasoning or a logical thought process that led you to your line. You should always have reasoning for everything you do in poker.

I think posting hands in forums / reading forums is good to get your thought processes going, and seeing how other people think about things. You have to remember though that anything in a forum or a training video for that matter, is an opinion, and its up to you to ultimately decide the best way to play a specific hand.

Training videos are a great tool and I've definitely had more then a few things click from watching them. When your watching a training video, you should focus less on the specific hand thats occurring and more on the instructors thought process and determining how the instructor is coming up with the best line. Poker is a game of infinite unique situations, and in order to move up stakes and really better your game, you have to learn the thought process of how to come up with the best line, rather then playing a more robotic system.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcarusJam View Post
Have you ever tilted at the nosebleeds hu games? Do u play live nosebleeds?
For a brief period I was sitting at 500 / 1k cap to see if anyone / who would come and play. Observer84 came and we played hu, I lost a buyin and being that one buyin was 30k I started getting frustrated right away. Later I opened A9o to 2500 and he shoved for the 30k cap, i called very quick without really thinking about it much at all but I knew it wasn't a good call and I should have folded.

The fact that I was upset after loosing one buyin shows that I definitely shouldn't have been playing that game at the time, and I think the stakes made me play worse, more prone to tilt.

I definitely have had problems with tilt, I think its important to always be playing comfortable stakes where you can handle the swings and where loosing won't set off bad emotions that will lead to tilt. I think I'm more likely to tilt when playing higher stakes to where I will be thinking about the money a lot more, and loosing a buy-in or a few will upset me much more then when I'm playing more comfortable stakes. Obviously this is where tilt can be very costly, you just have to be very self aware of your state of mind and be ready to quit if you find yourself, and also set stop-losses before the session and sticking to them, especially when taking shots at higher stakes.

I haven't played any live nosebleeds although I would definitely like to, I just dont know where the games are and the games that do run are usually PLO or mix holdem / plo. If anyone knows of any highstakes nl holdem games that are running in vegas, or even wherever, send me a PM and let me know!
Old 06-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfox121 View Post
after winning ftops,can you still use other avatars?
yea you can change it to any other avatar but I'm not positive you can change it back (without emailing them or something), if I go to change avatar it shows the ftops jersey and I can move the slider to another avatar but I cant move it back to the jersey, so I just press cancel
Closed Thread