Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-19-2008, 10:31 AM
The Streets

Send a message via AIM to MYNAMEIZGREG
I think physically measuring is the best way to go. Just speaking from my own personality, I can/will/do eat a whole box/container of something if I don't physically separate it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Runnin The Streets

Yea, lol, that'll be the goal this week.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Godfather

Send a message via AIM to Isura Send a message via Skype™ to Isura
I would not worry about portion control for now. Just work on maintaining regular eating intervals and worry about calorie control when you are more advanced
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Runnin The Streets

May 19:

Turkey Sammich, wheat, pickle, whole deal.

Smoothie (strawberry banana with protein mix).

Pasta (lobster ravioli) from a fancy Italian restaurant (1/2 portion, drank water, etc.) because I had to do it up last night with my girl before Vegas.

I don't think I had any kind of late night snack, but we ate a late-ish dinner.

I started to drink a little more water. I did some lifting to maintain (just chest) and some abs. I realize I'm not eating enough (keeping it under 2500 calories) to build muscle, so I'm just going to worry about cutting a little before Vegas.

May 20:

Smoothie (strawberry banana with protein powder) in the afternoon.

Small portion of almonds (I'd guess 1/2 cup).

Turkey sammich.

Chicken breast on the Foreman grille with a side of a can of green beans.

Throughout the day I had two breakfast bars, 90 calories each, as a random snack because my roommate leaves them around.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Soldier

i laugh every time you say "sammich."

Log looks good. Measuring your food is good if you have a specific calorie goal in mind; its kind of a pain in the ass and if you're naturally lean I don't think you 100% have to do it.
Old 05-22-2008, 04:05 AM
Runnin The Streets

May 21:

Turkey Sammich.

Yogurt [1].

Smoothie with multivitamin (20 oz.).

Another Turkey Sammich.

Chicken on Foreman grille, eaten on wheat bread. About a half cup of almonds.

I drank a few propels throughout the day, maybe not enough water. I did a little running and light workouts on the basketball court, nothing fancy, an hour of lazy cardio. I am pretty pleased with how I ate the last three days.

[1] Question about yogurt: I usually just go and pick up random yoplait light or store brand light, and I always get strawberry banana. Any recommendations on specific types or flavors of yogurt? Just wondering, I suppose.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:46 AM
The Streets

Send a message via AIM to MYNAMEIZGREG
I like the chocolate pudding with Splenda even though Splenda is a scam
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Soldier

I usually just get the Dannon Light and Fit big tubs of vanilla and then add in whatever I feel like. Uncooked oatmeal or granola is usually what I use though.

I don't generally like Splenda that much but I am guilty of using it on my grapefruit in the morning.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:23 PM
Runnin The Streets

May 22:

I had two sammiches today around noon and 5, with a Dannon Light yogurt with flaxseed in it. I had some whitefish fillets no the Foreman grille, 3 in all. I also had a can of mushrooms.

I think I had a smoothie in the afternoon too.

It seemed like a productive day food wise.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:27 PM
Soldier

Looks good man. Are you noticing any change in how you feel overall after eating pretty clean for a few days?