Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-24-2008, 04:45 AM
Runnin The Streets

May 23:

Today I had a club on wheat from my favorite deli with cheddar and broccoli soup; maybe I should have gone with the vegetable, but the cheddar broccoli is sooo good for dipping my sammich in.

Then, I had the same smoothie I've had all week at about 5, I've been getting immune boosters the last few days; no idea what those actually do (is just some mix of vitamin C + random other stuff I think).

I hadn't eaten much until night, when I had an Italian sub from Arby's. Possibly far from the worst thing I could eat, but certainly not productive at all. I also rewarded myself with a small chocolate shake, because I have a crazy sweet tooth and I forgot to eat a yogurt in the afternoon (which sometimes calms the craving).

At about 2 in the morning, I had my 1/2 cup of almonds and yogurt with flaxseed. I wish I'd get off this schedule of eating so late, but sometimes I have a problem with my diet where I fixate too much on eating and sometimes eat out of habit, or because I'm bored. I wish I wasn't eating so late (especially so many sugar carbs) but I guess that's gotta happen when you wake up after 1pm.

My take on the week:

Every day, although I haven't mentioned it, I've been taking an Emergen-C in the morning, along with (50mg, I think) zinc, and I drink 6-8 oz. of tomato juice. More than anything, I'm trying to bolster my immune system and get me ready for Vegas (staying healthy for the drive, starting the trip off on the right foot, etc.).

I ate pretty well, I'd give myself a B on the week, but it would creep towards something like an A- if you account for how I'm eating relatively (relative to my usual lack of discipline). When I woke up this morning, looking at myself in the mirror, I feel lighter. I'm not trying to cut a bunch of weight, I just don't want to feel like that slob that is always stuffed and has unnecessary body fat.

I'd like to figure out what my body fat % is at the moment, just for reference point. Recommendations on simple tools to do that with? I'm sure I could google it, but if anyone has any ideas lemme know.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:47 AM
Runnin The Streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaika View Post
Looks good man. Are you noticing any change in how you feel overall after eating pretty clean for a few days?
Yes. If nothing else it gives me piece of mind as a goal to eat well. It'll be hard on the road, but if I can just make the most basic trims and smart choices I'll be pleased with myself. I'll probably buy a fridge this summer in Vegas just so I can stick it in my room and have my own food separate from the house's perceived garbage.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:13 AM
Soldier

bump for trial run #2 imo gogogo!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 07-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Runnin The Streets

starting back up july 22
Old 07-17-2008, 08:29 PM
Soldier

nice. Looking forward to seeing how you do, you were doing really well before and if you can continue to do so I think you'll be happy with the results.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 08-06-2008, 02:47 AM
bangin titties

Send a message via Skype™ to garbageman18
Hey AE I play baseball at UCONN and we have a great meal plan and workout plan if you are interested I would glady help you out. I 6'1, 21 years old. When I first got to school as a freshman I was 210 with 18% body fat which basically means I was on the chubby side. Going into my senior year now I am 207 with 10.1% body fat. As you can tell this plan is not really for weight loss but building lean muscle mass to burn off existing body fat. This is all about flexibilty training, high rep low weight, decent amount of cardio, and the biggest thing knowing when and what to eat. I can go into more detail about the full regimine if you are interested. be good.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Soldier

Default Re: aejones' workout/nutrition log

garbageman, could you write up your training and diet plan and post it in a new thread? I think the fact that you have the UCONN athletic staff helping you with it is an incredible resource that a lot of folks could benefit from.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:13 AM
bangin titties

Send a message via Skype™ to garbageman18
Default Re: aejones' workout/nutrition log

Yea np, thats a good idea. Finshing up a session now, Ill have at least a piece of it up by tomorrow. The only thing thats going to be hard to post is the stretching routine, I will see if I can get some pics by googling it. Check back around 2pm eastern time.