Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Associate

Default Bikers

I'm starting to look at bikes as another form of cardio. I'm a total beginner, but I'm very large as well. I'm 6'0 and I'm 265lbs.

I don't know where to start and I don't want to spend thousands on a bike. Can anyone get me started in the right direction?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Soldier

Do you want a road bike or mountain bike? You can get a very good hardtail mountain bike for $500 or so, but if you want a road bike it's going to be much more expensive.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-30-2008, 02:17 AM
Thinks Tickner Makes up Custom Titles

get a hardtail bike possibly with a lock suspension so you can lock up the shock for flats and unleash it for some trail riding

if you get one from a shop find a shop the will do something like life time tuneups
if there are no good shops

look in a bargain finder classified adds thing
there are tons of bikers who buy nice bikes and sell them every other year
or students who sell them after they move away from the city

a 1k bike in a shop will set you back like 400 used

theres lots of big bikers out there and the frames are pretty solid now days you should have no problem

figure out how your gonna incorporate it
id suggest getting a long board or rollerblades too
Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM
Soldier

i'm pretty sure straight guys don't use rollerblades anymore.
Old 06-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Associate

I'm a little bigger than you (6'4 250) and I cycle daily.

I would suggest getting a Road Bike, especially if you run errands in an area of like 30 square miles, as a trip there and back shouldn't be unbearable.

Cannondale Synapse is the standard for a larger person, it's pricy but a worthwhile investment imo. (If you bike to said destinations you can make your money back in the $ you save from car gas in about 3 months).