Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
Default healthy good for you snacks.

right now i got a pound bucket of raisins by my computer. anything else that tastes good that isnt deepfried?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-13-2008, 06:49 PM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
also has to not perish easily as in can sit by my computer at all times
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:03 PM
Associate

whole grain pretzels or some type of unsalted/lightly salted nuts are pretty good and should last ok.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:32 PM
Associate

almonds, walnuts, jerkey
Old 05-14-2008, 02:56 AM
Associate

raw carrots, apples and bananas.
also quick and easy cup of oatmeal and milkpowder or cup-a-soups works for me.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Soldier

Almonds, macadamia nuts, prunes(I swear to god)...you can also get a box of Frosted Mini Wheats. Lots of good fiber and you'll eat them really slowly since they're so dry. It sounds stupid but it works well for me.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:11 AM
Associate

Dried fruits, u get them in small packages, sometimes along with nuts, like pinapple, mango, guava, cashe nuts, etc.

Really tasty =)
Old 05-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Associate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanDerMeyde View Post
Dried fruits, u get them in small packages, sometimes along with nuts, like pinapple, mango, guava, cashe nuts, etc.

Really tasty =)
Awesome as these are, gotta watch the sugar content.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:25 AM
Soldier

agreed. Just because they're fruit doesn't mean they're necessarily a good snack. Nuts tend to have much less impact on fat gain and tend to be more filling so I'd much rather stick with them than dried fruit(since they add sugar to the fruit once it's dried).
Old 06-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Soldier

Ok, as promised I was able to find the bar recipe. These things are really good(especially if you like peanut butter).

take a large mixing bowl, add 3 cups of dry oats, 16 tbls PB, and 8 scoops of protein powder. Splenda, sugar free jello mix, or a sugar alcohol are optional for taste. simply add water until it has a good consistency for making the mix shape-able. Make into even sized balls or bars (depending on your caloric needs) and let sit in an oven for 60-70 minutes on "warm." Then take out and put in the frig over night.