Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM
Soldier

Default Re: My Fitness Journal

I'd train without it for a couple months just to get your body acclimated to lifting. Once you're eating well, training hard, etc. adding creatine will be very beneficial.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 AM
Associate

Send a message via MSN to Newff

Also there are a few different types of Creatine. Theres Monohydrate, Ethel-Ester, and Kre-Alkalin, not sure if theres any more but I suggest Kre-Alkalin..it better and does not bloat you with water weight like Monohydrate does.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 09-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newff View Post
Also there are a few different types of Creatine. Theres Monohydrate, Ethel-Ester, and Kre-Alkalin, not sure if theres any more but I suggest Kre-Alkalin..it better and does not bloat you with water weight like Monohydrate does.
No. Kre-Alkalyn has been shown to convert to creatinine at a much higher rate than creatine monohydrate. The same goes for creatine ethyl ester; almost 95% conversion within the first 30 minutes.

I don't think you guys get it...having extra water weight is a GOOD thing. You stay hydrated, plus having extra weight on your body helps you handle the big weights you need for squats, deadlifts, etc. Why do you think strongmen are almost always kinda chubby?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:49 PM
Soldier

Feeling great, missed yesterday due to a golf/dinner outing where i got completely wasted. Today I worked out extra hard though and am feeling good. I don't think i'm eating enough for sure tho. ;(.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:53 PM
bangin titties

Send a message via Skype™ to garbageman18

Ikaika you are def correct. However I think what creatine you use should depend on what your doing it for. In scekeltwons case I would say you are correct.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Soldier

Hey guys.

So things are going well. except for intensive test weeks, ive been hitting the gym with high consistency. One issue is that I am still not eating enough. There are a couple free food logs on the internets and I'm gonna start using one.

As far as tone and muscle growth goes, I think i'm doing quite well.

Lastly and relatively irrelevant, I found some random youtube video on how to teach yourself to do a handstand as I think the ability to do a handstand pushup would be cool. So I've been messing around with that.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Soldier

I get the feeling that you can never eat enough given my circumstances and trying to eat well in combination with such volume is a challenge. I read an article in espn magazine where a writer was with a USF red shirt or some sort of hopeful who was trying to gain weight and the writer had to go plate for plate during the day. It was awe inspiring.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Soldier

Eating clean and keeping calories up is a tremendous challenge; you really have to train yourself to handle that amount of food. I probably spend about as much time cooking as I do in the gym.