Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-13-2008, 06:44 PM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
Quote:
Originally Posted by letranger0 View Post
Don't sleep in on weekends is a big one for me. Every day I get up at 10 AM, 9 if I have an early lecture.

Also don't browse leggo/2+2 before going to bed. It is far too easy to be tired at 10 PM then fall into a funk where you just sit in front of your computer doing nothing for 6 hours.
ive done this ish so many times its unreal. I am so tired at 11:30. but i look at leggo and start reading and i look up im not tired and its 2 am

also i do no substances(alcohol weed or legal drugs)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Associate

From some of the things I have read and seen, more sleep is not always better. There are some great articles on the net, but the short of it is, most people will do better with 7.5 hours than 8. It's about waking up during the end of a cycle (sleep depth has peaks and valleys over 90 minute cycles). If your waking up at at peak times of a cycle or oversleeping and actually not getting into cycles later in sleep this will caus emore problems than not enough sleep.

What they said about regular sleep schedules is important too. Your body will find it's own rhythm to a point, if you give it some time and a chance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Associate

I am never getting takeout in the evening again. The last four weeks I have been eating very carefully and have lost about 15lbs. I have been having no trouble getting up after 7-8 hours each night and have felt great the next day.

Yesterday I relaxed a little on the eating and had takeout last night. I tried to get up my usual time today and ended up sleeping an extra three hours on the couch this morning. And I feel **** now. **** for getting up so late. And I also feel tired still and dont have any energy. I dont feel like doing anything.

I think that is the last time I eat crap. Im only just now learning just how crucial it is to eat cleanly. Its like the most important thing ever. The first building block for doing absolutely anything in life it seems to me.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Soldier

I have pneumonia right now(gg self) and am sleeping ~18 hours a day. I normally tend to get anywhere from 5-7 a night and am fine, but either the pneumonia or the antibiotics are owning my soul and I can't stay awake. Hyachachacha.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:51 PM
To The Top

Send a message via AIM to Tickner Send a message via MSN to Tickner Send a message via Skype™ to Tickner
I change my sleep patterns a lot.

A month ago I was going to bed at 12-1am and getting up by 9am, going for a bike ride / light jog after waking up and then continue on my day. This lasted maybe two weeks. I've love to get in to that "routine" as I think those hours are more natural (your body does have an internal clock, I learned that much in psych, and although I'm not sure exactly what it does it is related to sun/darkness, but I digress).

However whenever I do attempt that routine, I will at some point feel compelled to work late one night and throw it off. I might add that this late night work spurt is usually extremely productive. And so I begin to think that I work much better later at night and ask my self "Why sleep during your most productive times?". Then these times become normal and it slowly returns to standard levels of productivity as my body adjusts.

And so the cycle repeats.

The only thing that keeps me on track is school, so during school months I tend to really nail down that schedule and get to class, but the only reason is because I am paying lots of money for it and am generally interested in most lectures.

Ok so after typing all that up it feels like I've really just been ranting, maybe some of you can relate and maybe some of you can point out ways I could improve on this.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:17 AM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
i now have a job that decides sleeping times for me. gg that problem