Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > World Series Of Poker > Fitness & Nutrition
Old 05-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
Default sleep times.

I dont know if this counts for a fitness & nutrition type post but I seem to never get enough sleep.
ill go to bed at like 2 and wake up at 10-11 and still be tired as hell.

but if i go to sleep at like 12 i still wake up at 10 and still am tired.

the only days im not tired after waking up is the times i wake up past noon.

is there any way to train yourself to be less tired when you wake up or something?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
The Streets

Send a message via AIM to MYNAMEIZGREG
Have the same schedule for a week or so.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Don

I can't keep a decent sleep schedule for any prolonged time. Like, just since recently here was my schedule:

I slept from 5am-7am Friday morning after waking up at 5pm Thursday night, did a few things and got on lifetilt, slept from 7pm-3am, and then again from 330am-7am.

This is basically how every day goes until some certain time when I'll have the same time where I sleep and wake up (i.e. 1am-10am or something). It definitely hurts my lifestyle, but I can't think of any way to make myself tired so I sleep at a normal time or whatever. I'd just go with whatever your body wants so as not to deprive your body of sleep or something.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 PM
Mario Characters = Ballin?

Send a message via AIM to fopah
Id say just go to bed at a certain time, if you dont sleep oh well at least you are there. so get in bed at 1 turn all distractions off. set your alarm for 10 and wake up no matter how tired you are. then eventually you will be tired at 1
Old 05-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Godfather

Do a routine of exercise early in the morning. This will make you feel with more energy during the day.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Capo

Heyz,

I've been an on and off insomniac since I was very little for various reasons. My observations on tiredness:

1: Masturbation and Sex result in tiredness, if I've done either the night before I don't feel 'fresh' when I wake up, but tired.
2: Same with alcohol, weed + many drugs, with the exception of things like shrooms.. speed, e, mdma UNTIL the comedown.
3: Same with fatty foods like pizza.
4: When my mind and body feel healthier I sleep better and feel better the next day.
5: Sleeping for longer than needed periods of time causes me to feel tired when I do wake up.
6: Continuously drinking caffeinated substances can result in continual tiredness/fuzzyness.
7: Sadness, depression, unhappy states of mind contributes to tiredness, limited energy levels.
8: Tiredness causes sadness, depression, unhappy states of mind - like 85% of manic depressive episodes occur as a consequence of tiredness, adverse sleep patterns etc.

So obv. to be less tired do the opposite/dont do those things.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Godfather

Send a message via AIM to Isura Send a message via Skype™ to Isura
I've been sleeping 5am-2pm the last few weeks. But I woke up at 12:30 today. I'm going to try to add 1 hour to that each day until I am waking up at 8am. I really liked it when I was waking up early and getting SO much work done before noon. And this way I can go workout at a non-busy time
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Associate

Quote:
2: Same with alcohol, weed
Quote:
6: Continuously drinking caffeinated substances can result in continual tiredness/fuzzyness.
cutting down on all of these had a huge effect on me. i've been sleeping much much better and w/ greater consistency lately.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Associate

Don't sleep in on weekends is a big one for me. Every day I get up at 10 AM, 9 if I have an early lecture.

Also don't browse leggo/2+2 before going to bed. It is far too easy to be tired at 10 PM then fall into a funk where you just sit in front of your computer doing nothing for 6 hours.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:50 PM
Video Producer / Poker Coach

Last edited by d2themfi : 04-30-2009 at 04:10 AM.