Hero (BB): $28.18
UTG: $32.14

Pre-Flop: 8 8 dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, BTN calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $1, BTN calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) 9 K 2 (2 Players)
Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($4.10) 4 (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero ??

Villain is a 69/12 who likes to bet vs missed cbets.
Questions:
1. I bet the flop just because I would be my whole range there and if I check, might be obvious what I have. Although he's a fish and not thinking about my range...Is this a check vs a fish as only a better hand will call? But since he bets vs missed cbets, is it a check-call?
2. As played, is it ok to give up post-flop?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Don

Default Re: 88 on Kxx flop

id give up based on those loose stats of our villain when the turn brings a flush and he can potentially have a wide bet/calling range e.g. 1 club hands and over but also 9x and weak kings.

Also preflop i prefer just checking it (given that we are OOP in this hand and not C betting the flop

If we hit a set we are likely to win a good size pot vs a loose opponent so were not worried about building one early just in case we hit the flop.

Villain has a really wide calling range and the stats seem to suggest a lot of floats mixed in with some strong hands, very depolarized even to the river which makes bluffing difficult to decipher.

normally when you vs a loose player like this you want to widen your value range but in this spot it doesn't seem like a good spot to try continue especially OOP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Godfather

Send a message via Skype™ to yurk23

I cbet flop but giving up on turn. If villian is playing wide and loose than his equity is probably pretty good vs 88 plus we're oop.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm a LAG

Vs villains who don't fold to c-bets, I check pre flop, because it's hard to barrel with 2 outs.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:55 PM
Godfather

Send a message via Skype™ to guitarizt

I'd raise pre even if he doesn't fold to c-bets that often, but I don't think op said anything about him not folding to c-bets just that he always bet vs missed cbets. I'd c-bet 1.50 on the flop. If I checked turn I would probably check fold. 9x or better has you beat, and even his JT QT type hands have a lot of equity against you.

What I usually do is bet turn for value against JT QT Acx and check call brick rivers though because most people don't v-bet 9x on the river.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:15 AM
Don

sorry i didn't see the button villain only had $5.50 on the table lol
Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 AM
Video Producer / Poker Coach

honesty i'd just jam pre to make life easier on myself. hand is so gross to play postflop OOP with your raise size.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:03 AM
Baby Street

agree with thrill
Old 04-04-2012, 03:20 AM
Godfather

Send a message via Skype™ to guitarizt

Ugh I thought he was the $29.52 stack. Easy jam pre. There's .65 in the middle and that's already like 10% of his stack. I just look to jam pre a lot unless I have JJ+. I'd just cbet flop jam turn as played.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:16 AM
Don

based on his stack size jamming perfectly acceptable, deeper is a different matter