Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > Poker Strategy > Micro Stakes
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM
Consigliere

Default Optimal way to play combo FD OOP vs nuts?

Poker Stars, $0.08/$0.16 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $57.16
BB: $41.35
BTN: $32

Pre-Flop: K J dealt to Hero (SB)
BTN raises to $0.48, Hero raises to $1.60, BB calls $1.44, BTN calls $1.12

Flop: ($4.92) Q T 6 (3 Players)
Hero bets $3.52, BB raises to $7.04, BTN folds, Hero?

Fish's range here is strong. Combo TP+FD, two pairs, sets and overpairs. I have decent equity vs his range and the easy play would just be to shove and get it in now.

Is there another way to play this? espesh given that the fish is likely to pay us off regardless of the turn card..

If in position does anyone prefer a flat?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 AM
Soldier

Default Re: Optimal way to play combo FD OOP vs nuts?

Theres no other way to play but fast here, unless you want to fold which i would never do. I know you dont have fold equity i mean you could have a little against random air which i know is a tiny part of his range but it is at least there. If we call the flop whats the plan if we dont hit on the turn? Call again? Fold? Either choice is pretty terrible IMO.

I could flat IP here because i think when we hit we have a good chance of getting paid off by this villian (i doubt a diamond on the turn would slow him down).
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM
Godfather

Send a message via Skype™ to guitarizt

You have 45% on flop against sets and QT. You have 31% equity on 2o turn. I used to call here and only get money in when I hit but I think even 200bb deep getting it in on the flop is better and hope he ever folds the flop. I'm wondering if other people would just take the odds again on the turn though which might be better if he still pays off a decent bet when you hit?
Old 03-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Soldier

Called on flop is -EV because your folding so much to a turn barrell calling the flop is burning money and when you hit whos to say he doesnt shut down completely. Best to take the money on the flop a % of the time and if you get called you are still pretty much flipping.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Godfather

You have odds to call turn. I think he calls river enough if hero hits and fishes tend to bet less than pot.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:30 AM
Solid

Send a message via AIM to Probability Send a message via MSN to Probability

Leading the flop is so you can get it in if raised. That's the only play here. If you don't want to get it in on the flop you should not be leading.

The other option is to c/r and call it off.

It doesn't really matter as you have a ton of equity and want to get it in here.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 AM
Godfather

this deep I would call and check call every non pairing turn
Old 03-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Video Producer / Poker Coach

I just 3bet since we're oop. he only minraised so I don't agree we have 0 fold equity, though he prob has a strong hand a reasonable % of the time.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:11 AM
Godfather

I'd do the same and just raise to whatever I thought had the most fold equity but assuming he showed you he has AA that's never folding the flop calling might be better I guess. Was just throwing it out there but I never do it reality because I think they fold at least 10% of the time.