Leggo Poker Every Tool You Need To Win
Go Back   LeggoPoker > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Associate

Cool How to exploit 100% flop cb IP (heads up)

Hi,

First I try to explain my current game plan:
I cb the flop in position 70%. The challenge is to balance both ranges (cb and check). Against passiv players you can polarise your cbet range(nuts and air) and check the medium strength hands. If aggressive observant players start to attack your weak check range on the turn it gets tricky.

I would really appreciate it if some HU regs could point out the current state of poker theory. I face two challenges:

(1) If I have two ranges on the flop (cbet and check), how should I balance these ranges (monster, draws of different strength, medium showdown value, air).

(2) If I cbet 100% it is a lot easier to protect my medium strength hands. But I am afraid that 100% cbet in position in HU pots is exploitable.

Thank you for reading.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Associate

Default Re: How to exploit 100% flop cb IP (heads up)

Thanks for this kind of tips if you may call this one, that you have given. For sure, things would be better and well in order to make things work out for all of us. Thanks for this one. Really appreciate this!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiSpurl this Post!Google Bookmark this Post!
Old 03-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Video Producer / Poker Coach

Default Re: How to exploit 100% flop cb IP (heads up)

Don't cbet 100% as your default strategy unless the games you play in are extremely weak tight.

As far as the rest of the question, that IMO is very complex and something that people who really know what they are talking about won't give away for free. It's mostly theory anyways too, so it's not going to be by any means definitive, and something that is still evolving

Betting polarized ranges should actually do well in most current nl games you'll likely be playing in, so it's not a bad way to play while you continue to work things out on your own or with coaches/friends